Find Your Recipe
Find the perfect dish for any occassion.
Tried and True Combinations
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin with Sour Cherry Sauce
Recipe from Food Network Kitchens
Active Time:20 minutes
Total Time:50 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 shallots halved
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- fresh dill chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Pat dry the pork tenderloin and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, then wrap with the bacon, overlapping the slices.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot, then brown the pork and shallots, 6 to 8 minutes. Flip the pork tenderloin browned-side up and transfer the skillet to the oven. Roast until the pork reaches 145 degrees F in the center, 15 to 18 minutes.
- When the pork is done, transfer to a cutting board, leaving the shallots in the skillet. Add the cherries and stock to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water, then add to the skillet, bring to a boil, whisking until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Slice the pork into 8 pieces, divide among 4 plates with the sauce, and sprinkle with dill, if desired.