Find Your Recipe
Find the perfect dish for any occassion.
Mini Turkey Chickpea Loaves
- nonstick cooking spray; for greasing
- 1 medium onion; finely chopped
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas; drained and roughly smashed
- 1/2 cup skim-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves; chopped, 2 tablespoons reserved for garnish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups field greens; for serving
- extra-virgin olive oil; for drizzling
- 1 lemon; cut in wedges
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an 8 mini-loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Spray a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine the ground turkey with the onions, chickpeas, ricotta, parsley, mustard and Worcestershire in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly using your hands or a fork.
4. Divide the turkey mixture evenly among the 8 loaves and bake until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F, about 15 minutes. Let the loaves cool in the pan about 10 minutes
5. Divide the greens among the plates and drizzle with olive oil. Place a loaf over the greens and garnish with the remaining parsley and a wedge of lemon.