Spiced Carrot Salad with Yogurt Pitas
Active Time:20 minutes
Total Time:2 hours, 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 carrots shredded
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- vegetable oil for sauteing
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Greek yogurt for serving
- 24 pita chips for serving
- Toss together the carrots, garlic, coriander, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and vinegar in a bowl.
- Heat a splash of oil in a hot pan and add the onions. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Pour the onions over the carrots and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Just before serving, add the cilantro leaves to the carrot mixture. Spread the Greek yogurt on the pita chips and serve alongside the carrot salad.